Although temperatures will be high, I'm really looking forward to experiencing the Foot Traffic Flat for the first time! "The Flat" is pretty much a tradition for much of the Portland running community, and it's easy to see why:
- The course is SUPER DUPER FLAT.
- Sauvie Island is gorgeous--scenic farmland for miles!
- Beautifully designed medals and tech t-shirts.
- Post-race beverage, hot dog (meat or veggie dogs), and STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE!
- The event is chip-timed, and the full marathon is a Boston Qualifier.
- The event benefits fire departments & other local charities.
Thurs., July 2nd, NE Foot Traffic, 12-7pm
Fri., July 3rd, SE Foot Traffic, 12-6pm
For more last minute race info, be sure to check out this newsletter from Foot Traffic.
I'm a huge fan of two of Foot Traffic's other holiday themed races (Hop Hop Half and Holiday Half), and can't wait to run the Flat Half too! Runners, have you done the Foot Traffic Flat? What did you enjoy most? Do you have another race that's your fourth of July tradition?