First, a friend of Pattric Langley paid the $2800 that DDDU owed to the Pongo Fund. I have confirmed with the Pongo Fund that they received a payment $2800. The issue remains that the $2800 that people entrusted to DDDU is NOT the money that’s been sent to the Pongo Fund.
Second, I URGE every single one of the sixteen virtual runners to IMMEDIATELY go to http://doubledogdareuevents.com/pbvpo.com and state whether you want your refund via Paypal or via cashiers check. I would suggest that you save a copy of any confirmation you receive of your submission, as well as making sure that you save your original virtual runner confirmation from runsignup.com. As of 12/9/16 at 5:09pm, that website is getting a 404 error. Instead, email firstname.lastname@example.org and use delivery/read receipts.
Third: If you were a participant, sponsor, or donor for the Panda Burro Invitational, you have the right to inform the appropriate governing bodies about your experience. Please consider taking the any and all of following actions:
- If you were a participant (virtual or actual), sponsor, or donor, please consider contacting the Oregon Department of Justice and the Washington State Attorney General (DDDU has their expired business license in Oregon and the event occurred in Washington, so both are applicable). The more complaints that there are, they more likely they are to take notice.
- If you were a participant, sponsor, or donor, consider reporting DDDU to the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- If you are a member of Oregon Road Runners Club, contact them regarding Pattric Langley’s position on their board as VP of Race Operations, which he continues to hold. Their email addresses are email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- SHARE. Share this information about the situation, tell your friends, post to social media, etc.
- Boycott DDDU and their events. Their event calendar currently consists of Lucky Dog, Double Five, Youngberg Hill, Bald Peak Half, Twelve Bridges Relay, Twilight Dragon Relay, and San Juan Relay.
- If you are aware of any other wrongdoings on the part of Double Dog Dare U Events, or on the part of Pattric Langley as the ORRC VP of Race Operations, it is incredibly important that you bring that to the attention of the appropriate authorities (ex. Oregon DOJ, WA AG, ORRC, etc).