Total Beauty Collection for HSN
$19.95 and FREE SHIPPING
Over $56 value!
Over $56 value!
Summer is upon us, but we don't want to have to splurge on exotic spa treatments or salon services to look our polished, radiant best. Introducing Total Beauty's latest collection for HSN, an expertly curated, nine-piece collection filled with head-to-toe beautifiers that make pampering yourself as easy as sipping a margarita poolside. From a top-rated NYX lip gloss to a skin-quenching Soap & Glory body butter, these products are must-have, travel-ready essentials to prep, prime and polish your way into the season. Grab the Total Beauty Collection for HSN for yourself or the other beauty buffs in your life before it's too late.
- I think this makes a nice little gift to yourself or for a friend! Inside the regular outer cardboard shipping box is a neat little white cardstock box filled with goodies and crinkled pink filler paper. It's nice packaging! Of the 11 samples, three are pretty much single use samples, six are "deluxe samples," one is a full sized product, and one is an almost full-sized product!
- nyakio Kenyan Coffee Face Polish (.07 oz.)
- Full size: $34.00 for 3.4 oz
- This is a single use packet. It's a little scratchy but smells nice.
nyakio Kenyan Coffee Body Scrub (.25 oz.)
- Full size: $55.00 for 10.5 oz
- This is a single use packet. It's a little scratchy also, and also smells nice.
nyakio Hydrating Face Oil with Kola Nut (.07 fl. oz.)
Full size: $49.00 for 1 fl oz
- A nice product but I have an oily face so not really good for me personally.
- TanTowel Half Body Plus Towelette (.25 fl. oz.)
Full size: $27.00 for a package of 10 towelettes
Honestly, not something I even tried. I like the concept and am sure I can find a friend who will want to try this, but I just don't have time for self tanner (I feel like I'm either sweating or showering when I'm not at work!)
- NYX Glam Lip Gloss - Beat Goes On (.24 fl. oz.)
Full size: $5.99 for 0.24 fl oz
- This pinky-peachy-coral ish shade has a nice gold frost/shimmer to it, making it pretty flattering for most skin tones, and perfect for summer (or really, any time you'd like a slightly more fun than neutral glossy lip!)
- Ruby Crystal Ruby Falls Sugar Scrub (1.3 oz.)
- Full size: $19.50 for 8.8 oz
- The "spa" scent of this was just okay, and the texture was SO THICK that I could barely get it out of the squeeze tube. As far as sugar scrubs go, it was just okay.
- Serious Skincare Glycolic Gommage Exfoliating Facial (.5 oz.)
- Full size: $38.50 for 4.5 oz
- I love this for my oily skin! It's not for every day use, just once in awhile. The scrub isn't too gritty, and it really makes my skin look and feel fresh and smooth when I leave it on while I'm in the shower or until it dries. The physical and chemical exfoliators definitely do the job right! I would use a little caution using this for dry or sensitive skin though--start by leaving it on just for a short amount of time.
- SOAP & GLORY Righteous Butter Body Moisturizer (1.69 fl. oz.)
- Full size: $22.00 for 10.1 oz
- This has a vaguely floral sweet scent to it that's feminine but not overpowering or cloying. It's a nice moisturizer.
- Taya Copaiba Resin Volumizing Elixir (1.5 fl. oz.)
Full size: $24.00 for 6 fl oz
- I feel like a lot of hair products that claim to be "volumizing" really just end up making my hair feel kind of sticky and more tangled... the same goes for this "elixir." Maybe it's because I have TONS of fine hair, and don't need this sort of product.
- Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer (.12 oz.)
Full size: $19.00 for 0.15 oz
- I was REALLY excited to try this, because I'd been considering purchasing it, but don't wear lipstick often enough to justify buying it (although let's be real, when do makeup lovers feel the need to JUSTIFY a makeup purchase?!) It did help the lipliner and lipstick apply more smoothly, but didn't really seem to notice much difference in the length of wear.
- ybf Perfect Prep Face Primer (.5 fl. oz.)
- Full size: $28.00 for 1.35 oz
- This face primer comes in one "shade" (basically clear with a slight yellow tint), and is paraben-free and cruelty-free. I felt like it had the same effects as other silicone-based primers: made skin look somewhat smoother and aided with application of foundation. While my skin looks great initially, silicone-based primers tend to look worse on me later in the day than if I hadn't worn them! If you haven't tried a silicone-based primer, this is a good chance to get a decent-sized sample!
The NYX gloss, Soap & Glory body butter, Serious Skincare face mask and Too Faced lip primer totally made this box worth the $20. While I wouldn't go out and buy full sized versions of the other products, I did enjoy trying them and didn't have any allergic reactions, etc. to the other products--they just weren't my thing. I like the Total Beauty for HSN box because it's a good value even if you don't use all of the products, and it's fun to try the products and brands even if they don't end up working out! I do like that you know what products you're getting ahead of time--surprises in beauty boxes can sometimes be a bummer! There's also no commitment or subscription, just a one-time purchase, AND there's a coupon for $10 off a full-sized product.
What do you think of the goodies in this box?