- 8:35 – 8:50 yoga warmup
- 9 am 10K run starts
- 9:15 5K run/walk starts
- 9:45 - 10:30 Fitness Challenge stations open
- 9:15 - 11:00 Kid Zone open
- 9:30 - 10:45 Music by Sal and the Salamanders
- 10:30 Kid’s Run
Events and prices:
- 5k $30 (optional fitness challenge included in registration fee)
- 10k $35 (optional fitness challenge included in registration fee)
- Kids races (1/4 and 1/2 mi) $10 for medal
- Virtual race $20 (includes medal)
$10 Foot Traffic gift card to the first 20 to register; first 50 to register will be entered to win a pair of Skora running shoes; $5 discount for teams of 5 or more. Register online HERE! :)
Location: Liberty High School; Hillsboro, OR
Beneficiary: A portion of the proceeds will benefit Girls on the Run - Portland.
Swag: Medals for *ALL* participants! Made by the same company that makes Uberthons' spectacular medals.
The prizes that can be won at this race, either by excellence in fitness or by raffle, are AWESOME.
- Overall male and female winners of the 5k and 10k races will receive 28" trophies and $50 Dick's Sporting Goods giftcards.
- Age-group winners in the 5K and 10K races will receive 1-month memberships to LA Fitness.
- Overall male and female winners of the fitness festival will receive massive 3-tier holographic trophies and $50 Dick's Sporting Goods Giftcards.
In addition, raffles prizes were provided by the following: Foot Traffic - 9 gift cards; McMenamins CP Roadhouse - 3 gift cards; Massage Envy - 3 gift cards good for a free massage; Another Mother Runner has donated an awesome runner's gift pack.
Course: Entirely paved roads; mostly flat with gentle hills. Check out the route here. 5k loop, 10k does the loop twice.
Fitness Challenge details:
Angel's Bootcamp will host a series of fitness challenge stations that you may visit after completing the race. Runners can complete 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or all 5 challenges! The challenges are as follows:
1) Push-Ups: How many can you complete with good form until failure?
2) Planks: How long can you hold the plank with proper form, on either elbows or hands and toes?
3) Tire Flips: How many can you complete in 1 minute?
4) Jump Ropes: How many can you complete in either a) 2 minutes or b) until you miss, whichever comes first?
5) Burpees: How many can you do in one minute?
Points will be awarded to age group winners for the 5K and 10K and top 5 overall in the fitness challenges. Points will be awarded as follows:
5K - by age group/gender: 1st- 8 points; 2nd- 5 points; 3rd- 3 points.
10K - by age group/gender: 1st- 10 points; 2nd- 7 points; 3rd- 5 points
Fitness Challenges - by gender/challenge: 1st- 5 points; 2nd- 4 points; 3rd- 3 points; 4th - 2 points; 5th - 1 point
Other info: No bag check because parking is close by.
I'm really looking forward to this fun and unique event! I'm not a momma, but you don't have to be one to get in on the fun! Guys are welcome to join too! And be on the lookout for a preview from Robin on Run Oregon.