- Sunday, January 18, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- State of Washington School for The Deaf; 611 Grand Blvd, Vancouver, Washington 98661
To participate you must bring a minimum of 3 items and a $10 entry fee (which is donated to your choice of the participating nonprofit organizations).
Clean out your closets! Bring your new or gently used and freshly-washed fitness apparel and/or gear-accessories. Please no items that are stained, ripped or stinky! A minimum of 3 items are required to participate, but bring as many as you'd like to share - take as many as you can use!
Ideas of what to bring:
* Running shorts, skirts, tights or capris
* Technical or moisture-wicking long or short sleeve shirts
* Quarter zips, vests or jackets
* Yoga apparel and accessories (blocks, straps, mats, etc)
* Triathalon apparel
* Biking shorts, tights or jerseys
* Gloves, hats, arm warmers, headbands, etc - cold weather running gear
• Running shoes – new or GENTLY worn (10 miles on them? Great! 100 miles on them? Probably past their giveaway point). Please make sure they are as clean as possible. (NO STINKY SHOES!)
* Hydration belts, hand-helds, bottles
* Reflective gear (vests, lights, etc)
* Running strollers
* Bikes, bike racks, locks, accessories
• Electronics – GPS watches, shoe pods, iPods, mp3 players, headphones, etc
• Books, cookbooks, magazines, fitness DVDs, games (Wii, Xbox, etc)
• Miscellaneous – brand new shoelaces, unopened nutrition samples (did you buy a case of GU gels only to find that your tummy can no longer tolerate them? Did your StrideBox have samples you won't use? They may be someone else’s favorite flavor! Bring them along!), Unopened toiletry items (chafing cream, etc)
• If you have items too large to bring (ie, treadmill) but looking to give a new home, please feel free to print out a picture with description and a way to contact you and we will have a place you can post it
1:00-2:00pm - Doors open at 1. Swappers will pay $10 entry fee and be given a raffle ticket. The swap area will have tables labeled with gender & sizes, along with tables labeled for books/magazines, hydration, electronics, etc. Place your items onto the appropriate tables (volunteers will be available to assist).
2:00-2:45pm - SWAP magic happens! Everyone will line up around the outside of the room. When we announce “SWAP” you can hurry (no pushing or shoving, please!) to the table you suspect will have the most of what you’re interested in. Remember – this is a FRIENDLY swap. Feel free to wear sports bras or tight apparel so you can try things on over them. We will have a couple of full-length mirrors available. Take as many items as you will use but please be respectful of others and share. If you have five great things and grab something at the same time as someone with nothing does, consider letting go and sharing the finds.
2:45pm - RAFFLES! Each non-profit organization will be holding a raffle, using the tickets collected from donations.
3:00pm - Clean up and head home to put away all of your new goodies!