Age: 39 (Although you would never know it if you met me in person.)
Current Clothing sizes: 8 and 10 pants, medium and large shirts
Occupation: Sales Representative
About me: Five years ago, I was 30 pounds lighter and felt way better that I do today. I have a job that requires an hour commute each way to work. I also do a lot of traveling in the Spring and Fall. This means I eat out and on the run. Eating out is not kind to the waistline. I do a lot of sitting while at work. I am going to write every week and try to break the cycle of a sedentary lifestyle.
I am going to set easy to achieve goals every week with the overall goal of getting healthier, having more energy and eventually fitting into some of my smaller sized clothes.
Goals for this week :
- Drink 64 ounces of water every day.
- Make good nutritional choices.
- Exercise at least 3 times this week.
- Get reacquainted with sit ups and pushups.
- I leave for work between 6:15am and 6:30am every morning and get home around 5:00pm.
- I have an elderly Great Dane who is waiting for me to get home and “sit” with him. He is too old to go for walks and prefers to patrol his own yard that is on a quarter of an acre.
- I have terrible allergies and it is touch to be super productive when you feel bad and cannot breathe.
- My boyfriend is on board with changing eating habits and losing weight.
- I bought smaller plates and notice it is making a difference. My current plates are considered luncheon size and the dinner plates sized are put away. Mentally, when I see a fairly full luncheon plate, I think "WOW that is a lot of food.”
- I have done fairly well on eating when I am away from home. Pre-planning really helps.
New Favorite Healthy Food: Apple, Pomegranate Salad--Cut up pink lady apples, pomegranate and a tablespoon or so of gorgonzola cheese.