I decided to try it anyway. I usually have a protein shake for breakfast because my tummy doesn't tolerate breakfast very well, but I have to eat something, and it to be QUICK AND EASY. As in, takes fewer than five minutes to make. This fit the bill, so I put my trepidation about cottage cheese aside and tried it. AND IT WAS THE BEST PROTEIN SHAKE I'VE EVER HAD.
- 1/2 cup Low fat cottage cheese (I use non-fat, 80 calories, 14g protein)
- 1 Scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Genisoy Natural Unsweetened, 1 tbsp, 37 cal, 8g protein)
- 3-5 Drops butter or almond extract (I use butter extract, a generous splash)
- 1 tbs Vanilla sugar free instant pudding mix OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp sugar free instant pudding mix OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I use pudding mix only, 25 calories)
- 3-5 Stevia packets (or sweetener of choice to taste) (I use NuStevia or Splenda, 0 calories)
- 1/2 cup-1cup Water (Alter this according to desired consistency) (I need 1 cup for my Magic Bullet to blend)
- 5-10 Ice Cubes (Depending on how thick you like it, use less for a thinner consistency) (I use about 5-7, because my Magic Bullet isn't great with ice).
- Optional:1/2 tsp xanthan gum (I skipped this)
- Sprinkles for topping!