Although I hate it when summer starts coming to an end, there is something really awesome about the first part of September... PINTS TO PASTA
!!!! I've run this race a couple of times with my friends and it's fantastic, so I had to make sure to sign up again this year, even though it was the day after Warrior Dash
- Sunday September 8th, 2013
- 10K (6.2 mi), mostly flat, a bit downhill near the beginning
- Finish at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Portland, Oregon
- A portion of its proceeds to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training, and to The Boys and Girls Clubs
- Included: Gender specific tech t-shirt, pasta/roll/salad from Old Spaghetti Factory, 2 beers from Widmer, pre-race snacks (coffee, bagels, water), post race snacks (chocolate milk, oranges, bagels, water), bag check
- Not included: Shuttle bus ($5)
Post race beer from Widmer... delicious
RUNderwear, made by Saucony
Portland Running Company was giving out temporary tattoos... We all had to get them.
Beer by the river in the sun... can't ask for a better Sunday morning!
This is a fantastic race, especially if you're looking to PR--the course is very flat and fast. Although there are a LOT of people, it's very well organized and the event seemed to get smoother and smoother every year. The shuttle buses were great, tons of portapotties, the ID check and beer and food lines moved very quickly, and the food and beers tasted great after the run. The t-shirt design isn't as cool as other years, but it's still a good shirt.
I actually did PR this year, even though it was a smidge warmer than I prefer for running, and I was still sore from Warrior Dash! It's a great race, and the after-party in the Old Spaghetti Factory parking lot was fun, as usual. Definitely putting this on my race calendar for next year.
Have you ever run back to back races?