I do like cheesy scrambled eggs--the kind that's mostly cheese, with a little egg thrown in there. It's what I grew up eating as a kid (well, that and scrambled eggs with ketchup, which I ate so often as a kid that I can't even look at it now as a grown-up). But unfortunately, cheesy scrambled eggs are a little high in calories and fat. Was it even possible to revamp the recipe to be low calorie and high protein--and still taste delicious?
Marilyn's Cheesy Low-Cal/High-Protein Scramble
(172 calories, 23 grams of protein)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb Cheese
- 2 tsp Kraft Natural Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese (the powdery kind)
- 1 stick Weight Watchers Smoked Mozzarella String Cheese
- 1 tiny pinch steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped greens (optional)
Heat skillet to med-high. Spray on a little olive oil (I have a Misto that I like for this). Chop up cheeses into smaller pieces. Mix all ingredients in bowl. Pour into skillet and stir occasionally, cooking according to your preferences.
What's your favorite quick and easy breakfast?