I haven't run a 10K race since last November, so I really wanted to PR, even though I wasn't sure if my body could handle it. I tried to pace with some of my friends for the first three miles, but realized I couldn't keep it up for the last three. One of my friends paced with me for the last three miles, and we managed to keep each other from walking. I knew that I was close to PRing, but I was feeling kind of nauseous. (Having three drinks the night before and quesadillas was probably not the best idea...)
I threw up about 100 meters from the finish line. Fortunately, I was next to the edge of the road, and puked without getting it on any other runners, or on myself, and while still running! (You know you're a runner when you keep running while puking, so you can PR). And I managed to PR, finishing the 10K in 57:56. My running friends thought it was all pretty hilarious... I think I'll be getting ribbed for awhile. (I told my non-running friends and they said, "That is DISGUSTING." Sometimes I forget that runner talk is not appropriate for most audiences...)
We had a great time at the post-race part too. Beer, Jamba Juice, pasta, bread and salad were all in abundance :) And it was sunny! What more can a gal ask for?!
Why Pints to Pasta is my favorite race ever:
- I love the fact that they have real food at the end (not bagels! They have pasta, salad, and a roll).
- I love the fact that the entry fee includes TWO beers!
- I love that Jamba Juice hands out free mini smoothies. And I love that they had plenty this year (last year, they ran out pretty quickly).
- I love that the course is fairly flat and fast. And it's a nice course that goes along the waterfront.
- I love that they always have male and female shirt options, and the women's shirts actually fit! (I hate women's shirts that are too short, too small, etc). And the shirts are cute.
- It's a 10K. I don't have to train that much :P
Anyone else run a race this weekend?